Any driver no matter where they live in the country would be wise to keep certain pieces of gear and safety equipment in their car at all times in case of an emergency. In Wisconsin and Illinois, it is particularly important to have supplies because of the treacherous weather we get during the long winters. What you carry in your automobile could be the difference between serious injury or life and death after a crisis takes place. Here are some things that you may want to pack away in your automobile for your next road trip:
- Emergency Safety Kits – You can get safety kits almost anywhere both at local stores and online. Trusted travel organizations like AAA also have options for you to consider that will provide you with many necessities such as a booster cable, flashlight, first-aid kits, to name a few.
- Car Repair – Extras such as spare tires with the appropriate accompaniments like a tire jack and a tire iron are helpful. Any security keys required to access your tires are necessary. A tire inflator and sealer will be extra helpful if you bust a leak so that you can make it to the nearest shop for professional repairs.
- Car Jump Starter And Portable Charger
- Tire Pressure Gauge – Not only will you improve your fuel efficiency but ensuring your tire pressure is correct can also help reduce your risk for an accident.
- Your Car’s Manual
- Duct Tape – There is almost nothing duct tape can’t do. It is extremely versatile and can be used in a variety of situations.
- Water – Having potable water is important if you are stuck for an extended period.
- Matches or fire starter
- Energy Bars or MREs (Meals Ready To Eat)
- Weather Radio
- Phone Charger – Our phones are mini-computers and have a wide variety of capabilities. In an emergency, a juiced-up phone can make a world of difference.
- Flares and a reflective triangle – Not making a situation worse, if you are already stopped on the side of the road tools that will let others know can help them avoid accidentally hitting you.
- Blankets – Cold temperatures can lead to chilly bodies. Keeping yourself bundled up tight can hold in your body heat much better and keep you warm.
Where To Find An Automobile Accident Attorney In Wisconsin And Illinois
This list above isn’t exhaustive of everything you could add to your emergency kit. Depending on where you are traveling or where you live, you may change up adding a couple of specialty items or you may feel there are some you don’t need.
During the winter it is important to be extra cautious on the roads. Inclement weather can lead to poor visibility and slick conditions which are major factors behind accidents. If you are unfortunate enough to find yourself in an accident at the hands of a negligent driver and you sustain injuries, you deserve compensation for your damages. The Janesville automobile accident injury attorneys at the Alexander J. Smith Law Offices can help you put together and file a strong personal injury claim. We will answer all of your questions and fight on your behalf so that you obtain a fair settlement. Our Beloit serious injury attorneys know how important it is that victims obtain the most compensation to help them recoup the many costs they have to endure.
The Janesville personal injury lawyers at Alexander J. Smith Law Offices are here to talk to you about your accident during a free consultation. Call us today at (608) 237-7035 for residents of Wisconsin or (815) 2439686 for residents of Illinois.